What we believe
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- Jesus Christ, as our Lord and Saviour, God manifest in the flesh, and the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Bible, and in the liberty of each church, under the guidance of His Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin and falling short of the mark set by God.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the Virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; His ascension to the Father, and His reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ, both local and worldwide, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice, healing and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will judge all peoples, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.